Be careful, may lead to addiction!
The cheese Torta de Trujillo comes from Cásceres. It is made out of sheeps milk and is in the meantime numbered as one of the 5 best cheeses in the world. It needs to be stored at room temperature in order to retain its wonderfully creamy texture. All you do is slice off the top and spoon it out with a teaspoon (can be addictive).
Try this delicious cheese at Tristán Bistro!
Recipe Torta de Trujillo with potato pasta:
4 mini- Torta de Trujillo
270 g / 9.5 oz floury potatoes (the Majorcan potato can be recommended for this)
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon potato starch
50 g / 1.7 oz melted butter
- Cook the potatoes the day before in their skins
- Drain and allow to cool
- Peel off the skins
- Put the potatoes through a potato ricer and knead in the other ingredients
- Make finger shaped dumplings
- Cook these in salty water (they are ready when they float to the surface)
- Take out of the water and allow to cool
- Fry in the butter until golden brown
- Serve as in the photo